Pro koho je kurz určený
This course is appropriate for System Administrators, Technical Support
Personnel, and Business Partners responsible for implementing LPARs on IBM
System p servers.
Čo Vás naučíme
- Discuss the advantages or value of PowerVM editions features
- Define Micro-Partitioning and Shared Processor LPARs
- Discuss the benefits of simultaneous multi-threading
- Discuss and configure the Integrated virtual Ethernet (IVE)
- Install and configure the Virtual I/O Server
- Configure virtual devices, such as Virtual Ethernet, Shared Ethernet, and
Virtual SCSI Disks
- Define file-backed storage pools and file-backed virtual optical devices
- Identify single points of failure in virtualized environments
- Configuring multiple VIO servers for high availability
- Configure the shared Ethernet adapter failover feature.
- Configure MPIO in a VIO server's client partition
- Configure Advanced virtual networking options
- Configure Advanced virtual SCSI options
- Managing the Service events, configure Call home.
- Adding/ exchanging FRU's, FSP failover
Požadované vstupné znalosti
Students must have advanced system administration experience with AIX V5.3
or AIX 6. This prerequisite may be met by attending one of the following
- AIX 6 System Administration I: Implementation (AU14)
- AIX 6 System Administration II: Problem Determination (AU16)
- AIX Jumpstart for UNIX Professionals (AW18)
- or students may have equivalent AIX and LPAR skills.
General TCP/IP knowledge is strongly recommended. This prerequisite may be
met by attending:
- AIX Configuring TCP/IP (AU07)
Students are also expected to have logical partition administration skills on
POWER processor-based systems, which can be obtained by attending the following
- Power Virtualization I: LPAR Planning and Configuration
Studijní materiál IBM
- Unit 1 - Overview of Power System p Partitioning
- Exercise 1 - Power System documentation overview.
- Unit 2 - Processors Virtualization
- Exercise 2 - Processors virtualization configuration
- Unit 3 - Integrated Virtual Ethernet.
- Exercise 3 - Integrated Virtual Ethernet configuration
- Unit 4 - Virtual Ethernet
- Exercise 4 - Virtual Ethernet Adapter configuration
- Unit 5 - Virtual I/O Server and Virtual devices - Topic 1
- Exercise 5 - Topic 1: Virtual I/O Server and Client partition
- Unit 5 - Virtual I/O Server and Virtual devices - Topic 2
- Exercise 5 - Topic 2: Virtual I/O Server and Client Partition
- Unit 6 - Virtual network configuration with Dual VIO servers
- Exercise 6 - Shared Ethernet Adapter failover setup
- Unit 7- Virtual SCSI configuration with Dual VIO Servers
- Exercise 7 - Dual VIO Servers configuration with MPIO in the Client
- Unit 8 - HMC Service Management.
- Exercise 8 - Manage Service Events
- Optional exercise - File-backed Virtual disk and Virtual Media Repository